Company: A10 Networks, Inc
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Title: Escalation Engineer
As an Escalation Engineer, you will directly interact with
customers and other functional groups within A10 Networks to
troubleshoot, identify and resolve product, configuration or
network related issues. You will capture and document details and
events in the CRM application throughout the solution discovery
process. Also you will participate in bug verification process
before a software patch code is released to the customers. You are
the key resource to ensure customer satisfaction with A10's
products and services.Job Description:
- Primary responsibility is to assist level 2 support engineering
to manage, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex networking
- Provide advanced configuration recommendation and assistance in
- Recreate reported issues in lab with customer's configuration
- Work with sustaining, development, SQA, and hardware
engineering teams to investigate and resolve software and hardware
- Perform verification testing on customer reported defects.
- Analyze data traces and debugs using protocol analyzers to
identify anomalies and determine solutions.
- Ensure customer's reported issues are resolved to the client's
satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Document chronicle events, troubleshooting steps and current
status in the CRM tool.
- Create solutions and FAQs and drive improvement in software
- 5+ years of working experience in the data networking
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organization
- BS/MS in a computer related field or equivalent work
- Any of the advanced networking certifications is preferred
(CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, or JNCIP).
- In depth knowledge and experience troubleshooting Layer-2/3
protocols for example, VLANs, VRRP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, IPv4/6, ARP,
RIP, NAT, and Layer-4 protocols (TCP, UDP)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of application protocols,
HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, RTSP, SIP, Diameter, and DNS.
- Experience with firewalls, network security, and/or Application
Delivery Switches (Server Load Balancers) is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Previous escalation or senior engineer experience
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working
outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Experience providing support to direct customers, resellers,
and field personnel in resolving product related issues.
- Contribute to technical documentation/knowledge base for
internal and/or external use.
A10 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA federal
subcontractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law. A10 also complies with all applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Keywords: A10 Networks, Inc, San Jose , Escalation Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!