Senior Research And Development Engineer
Company: High Growth Medical Company via The Walstrom Group
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Summary: Client's Senior R&D Engineer will be helping to
advance the company's minimally invasive low back pain technology.
This position is responsible for applied research, new product
development, as well as working with manufacturing vendors and
suppliers in alignment with the company's strategic goals,
objectives, resources and priorities.Essential Functions:
- Lead and function as a contributing member of multidisciplinary
project teams in the design, development, and manufacturing of
energy based and non-energy based spinal products.
- Conduct research and concept prototyping for new product
development or existing product improvements.
- Electrical troubleshooting - root cause analysis of electrical
failures modes within a complex circuit
- Intermediate understanding of coding - Ability to evaluate
existing code to understand functionality and identify possible
- Work with vendors to develop RF technology & equipment
- Evaluate complex datasets to identify patterns and troubleshoot
- Contribute inventions, new design or techniques to solve
technical problems or improve existing products or processes.
- Interact with physicians and surgeons to understand the unmet
needs, as well as outside vendors, consultants and academia.
- Communicate ongoing research, product development, and testing
- Develop protocols, processes, procedures, work instructions,
and equipment specifications,and all other requirements for current
and new products.
- Develop and execute processes in alignment with all regulatory
and quality standards.
- Collaborate with other engineers to analyze issues and
identify, test, and implement the most effective solutions in a
- Develop and maintain control documentation including, drawings,
specifications, procedures, and work instructions.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to develop and transfer
new products into production by identifying assembly techniques,
manufacturing processes, and design recommendations as
- Able to travel to vendors, labs, and customers as-needed.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering product design.
- 5+ years of experience in the medical device industry.
- Requires successful track record of product development,
product launch, and
- Experience in the field of spine or pain management to include
understanding of degenerative
- disc disease, functional biomechanics, and bone mechanics
- Experience in RF ablation or similar capital equipment strongly
- Demonstrated understanding and wide application of basic
principles, theories, concepts, techniques, and a working knowledge
of engineering disciplines and product development processes.
- Demonstrated capacity for solving problems through creative
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Capable of handling multiple projects and tasks simultaneously,
as well as working both independently and within a team.
- Familiarity with various types of mechanisms, materials,
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), and drawing
- Solid understanding of manufacturing methods, injection
molding, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Basic functional knowledge of electronics & circuit design
- Experience with RF ablation or electronics a plus.
- Understanding of C, C++, or similar languages.
- Functional understanding of SolidWorks. Education: - BS or MS
in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
Keywords: High Growth Medical Company via The Walstrom Group, San Jose , Senior Research And Development Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!