Senior R&D Engineer - Machine Learning
Company: ANSYS, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Location: San Jose,
CA, US, 95134 Canonsburg, PA, US, 15317 Company: Ansys Ansys is the
global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's
most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to
their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of
engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers
solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products
limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer,
product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team,
at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we
become collectively better. SUMMARY
The Senior R&D Engineer is responsible for the development of
software products and supporting systems. As part of Office of CTO,
in this role you will do software engineering in context of machine
learning infrastructure and cloud services to design and implement
scalable ML systems for ANSYS product portfolios.
- Research and prototype machine learning models and
infrastructure to apply them for numerical simulations.
- Evolve frameworks into a cloud web service to be deployable in
Azure, GCP or AWS ecosystem.
- Participates in planning, architecture and research.
- Employs best practices in software engineering, bring them to
ML infrastruture and helps to maintain them through technical
reviews and mentoring.
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to drive real-time
model implementations and new feature creations.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and may take on
some planning and mentoring responsibilities. -
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, quality of machine
learning algorithm results and stability of various deployed
- Diagnose and fix code problems.
- Create unit regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly
validate new features or changes. -
- Optimize code to improve computational efficiency and memory
capacity. - MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Required Minimum Years of Professional Experience: BS+5, MS+3,
- 2 years commercial development experience with software design,
architecture, testing, service oriented architecture/micro-services
and deploying in them cloud.
- 2 years of experience with Deep Learning, AI/ML Infrastructure,
Machine Learning Frameworks
- Experience developing machine learning infrastructure in C++ or
- Expertise in C++ or Python with focus on deep learning
frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit Learn or AutoML
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Experience with web services, Azure stacks in C++ or C# or
- Experience with GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL,
- Experience with 3D geometry, computer graphics or computer
Due to the federally mandated COVID-19 vaccination requirement
impacting federal contractors like Ansys, this position requires
you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical -or religious
reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws including state and local mandatory
vaccination orders. ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and
insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems.
Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork -
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most
visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to
change the world with innovative technology and transformational
solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known,
world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those
willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on.
At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the
collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission
accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect
with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact
real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working
environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the
world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the
wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of
world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn
their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster
and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these
goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most
innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg
Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We
are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay
Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast
Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for
Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an
R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020
Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
- We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging
where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
- Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any
unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire,
no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. Ansys is
proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative
Keywords: ANSYS, Inc., San Jose , Senior R&D Engineer - Machine Learning, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!