Data Engineer 3 (San Jose, CA)
Company: PayPal, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Data Engineer 3 (San Jose, CA) in San Jose, California, United
States of America at PayPal Job Description At PayPal (NASDAQ:
PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate
fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize
financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of
background or economic standing, has access to affordable,
convenient, and secure products and services to take control of
their financial lives. We're a purpose-driven company, and our
beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day.
We're guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation,
Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us
to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of
everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and
the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status
quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the
hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the
The candidate will be part of PayPal Enterprise Data Engineering
Team. The candidate will be responsible for analysis, design,
coding and testing of the application code. The candidate has to
interact with global cross-functional teams to address complex
business requirements. The role demands the individual to possess
technical skills required to perform the job in an effective
manner. The individual should be self-motivated, possess creative
problem-solving skills and have the ability to handle multiple
projects at the same time. The candidate should have passion for
data & analytics.
Responsibilities: In this role, the individual will be part of the
Enterprise Data engineering team and will be responsible for.
- Participating and collaborating with cross functional teams in
the organization to understand the business requirements and to
deliver solutions that can scale.
- Planning the execution of the project in an effective and
- Approaching the problem, taking into account all
- Creativity and out of the box thinking is required.
- Proactively anticipating problems and appropriately
communicating to the team and management in a timely manner.
- Being flexible and being able to support all functions of
product life cycle when required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver from coarse grained requirements
- Be a Mentor for the junior members in the organization. Job
- 8+ years of experience in the IT industry, Data Engineering &
Technology and Big Data Engineering is preferred.
- Advanced Shell or Perl scripting experience or proficiency in
any programming language like Java, Python, Scala, C, C++
- Working experience in any MPP systems, should have strong SQL
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Working knowledge on Big Data, Streaming Integrations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to define
problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
- Expertise in database programming and performance tuning
- Familiar with data movement techniques and best practices to
handle large volumes of data
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and data modeling
- Experience with File Systems, server architectures, and
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take initiative
to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
- Working experience in an Agile methodology is highly
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, HBase and Hive is highly preferred
- Knowledge in MPP Databases/ Distributed systems
- Knowledge on Big data Environments and Cloud integration is a
- Exposure to Data Quality and Profiling tools is a plus.
- Exposure to BI tools desired, but not required (Tableau, Micro
strategy, Business Objects).
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the
digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make
financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and
secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 400
million active account holders the confidence to connect and
transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of
technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates
better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and
flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid.
Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal
platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers
and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies,
withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal
accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
R0065895 Together, we'll build a world of
economic opportunity. Grow your career with us. Please access our
internal career opportunities while connected to our corporate
network. Questions about a position or an application?
We have answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Keywords: PayPal, Inc., San Jose , Data Engineer 3 (San Jose, CA), Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!