Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Optical Engineer - Holographic Displays!This Jobot Job is hosted
by: Jacob VaneAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply
Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $150,000 - $200,000
per yearA bit about us:Venture backed and based in the Heart of
Silicon Valley, we started with the single mission to enable a
holographic future by building upon the founders--- collective
expertise of light field technology innovation. The Optical
Engineer will play a key role in the development of optics for the
world---s first convincing high-resolution holographic display. The
best candidate will have a background in optical systems for
imaging or display applications. An engineer who has worked almost
entirely in fiber-optic communications is not the best fit for this
position. The ideal candidate will have a solid theoretical
background in optical design and will want to spend a significant
fraction of his/her time in the lab building prototype optical
assemblies and benchtop characterization setups. The Optical
Engineer will be familiar with working with other optical
specialists and mechanical engineers to achieve the best optical
alignment and assembly processes. S/he will have worked with many
different optical vendors and be proficient at writing optical
specifications. The ideal candidate will design characterization
stations to verify optical performance and perform optical
calibration. S/he will work with mechanical engineers, test
engineers, and experts in light field display technology.Why join
us?PPO/HMOMedicalDentalVision 401kJob DetailsQualifications:
- Degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Optical
Engineering, or related field, with at least 5 years of work
experience. Master's degree or higher desired.Background of direct
lab experience in the development of optical setups for product
development, preferably for imaging applications in the visible
- Familiar with fabrication of optical elements and micro
- Familiar with patterning and replicating diffractive and
refractive optics with micro/nano structures.
- Familiar with optical design tools such as Zemax or Code
- Knowledge of optical packaging and optical bonding.
- Familiar with the manufacturing of various display types (OLED,
LCD, LED, MicroLED, etc).
- Proficient in optical measurements, including knowledge of
imaging sensors and systems, various types of lenses, microscopes,
colorimeters, optomechanical systems such as translation stages,
optical beam profiling, etc.
- Familiar with color science and color spaces.
- Experience with SolidWorks is desired.
- Lens design experience desired.
- Experience with optical grade polymers is desired.Interested in
hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
Keywords: Jobot, San Jose , Optical Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!