Service Quality Engineer
Company: University Of Pittsburgh Swanson School Of Enginee
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting-- stryker.com Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for
researching and developing new medical device products. As an
engineer at Stryker,--you will be proud of the work that you will
be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare
better.--Here,--you will work in a supportive culture
with--other--incredibly talented and intelligent--people, creating
industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have
growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your
personal and professional development.
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who
naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes
- finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Strategic thinkers.--People who enjoy analyzing data or trends
for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting,
reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners.--People who build and leverage
cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and
insights to drive continuous improvement in functions. What you
will do: As a Senior Engineer, Service Quality you will support the
development and sustainment of service processes to meet quality
standards. This includes developing, applying, revising, and
maintaining quality standards for processing raw materials and/or
components for repaired, refurbished, or returned products. Also
drives cost improvement, reduces regulatory compliance risk and
helps with implementation of lean manufacturing principles in the
- Responsible for maintaining compliance and high quality of
- Proactively identify and lead implementation of procedure,
process improvements of responsible repair lines.
- Trends key quality metrics and proactively takes action as
- Independently reviews, trends, and processes nonconformances
for responsible product and components.
- Troubleshoots product quality issues moderately complex scope
where the analysis requires a variety of factors.
- Analyzes reports and/or returned products and recommends and
implements corrective actions to reduce trends.
- Owns NCs/CAPAs for responsible product and supports overall
team in implementation of robust corrective and preventative
- Ensures compliance of documentation for inspection/testing and
- Trains repair technicians on repair processes and procedure
- Responsible for processing supplier-initiated requests and
necessary supporting documentation.
- Partner with repair technicians and supervisors to ensure
processes and equipment can meet demand requirements.
- Drives continuous improvement actions/initiatives with
suppliers and in-house teams to reduce quality issues, increase
performance, reduce lead time, reduce cost, etc.
- Provides input and facilitates implementation on repair and
inspection/ testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Executes moderately complex validation of equipment or third
party repaired components.
- Proactively provides input in the new product development
process by using current generation data to identify effective and
efficient repair techniques.
- Assists less experienced engineers.
- Supports Service in internal and external audits (FDA and
Notified Body auditors).
- May interact with customers to solve reliability issues and/or
answer general product questions. What you will need: Basic
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of engineering, manufacturing, quality and/or highly
regulated industry experience Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's in Engineering preferred
- Preferred to have knowledge of applicable domestic and
international regulations and quality system standards - FDA QSR,
MDD, ISO13485, ISO9001, etc.
- Experience with Non-Conformances and Corrective and
- Proven track record of working in a team-based
- Strong Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and
collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open
minded with the ability to recognize good ideas.
- Innovative thinker - should be able to envisage new and better
ways of doing things.
- Experience in independently executing moderately complex
problem-solving techniques related to manufacturing/design
technical issues. Good instincts and sound judgement for mechanical
and structural design.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organize and
implement concurrent tasks.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product
and process design.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once while
meeting all deadlines
- Must be able to routinely make decisions which affect immediate
- Demonstrated ability to plan, track and facilitate
- Moderate understanding of Quality Management System tools, Six
Sigma tools, problem solving, root cause analysis, Lean and
continuous improvement methodologies, with proven ability to apply
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, and MS
PowerPoint. Our total rewards offering varies by country but often
includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits;
retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family
and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs;
onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs;
and service and performance awards - not to mention various social
and recreational activities. Company description:Stryker is one of
the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with
our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company
offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active
in over 100 countries around the world. Mission statement:Together
with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.Quality
policy:At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are
driven to make healthcare better for our customers byproviding
innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements
through our effective quality system.HistoryThe Company was founded
in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the
Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company's name was changed
to Stryker Corporation.Quick facts--- $13.6 billion in annual sales
in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years--- 17.1%
CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years---
-36,000 employees globally in 2018--- 43 manufacturing and research
& development locat ... Show more
Keywords: University Of Pittsburgh Swanson School Of Enginee, San Jose , Service Quality Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!