UX/UI Visualization Engineer
Company: PayPal, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
UX/UI Visualization Engineer in San Jose, California, United
States of America at PayPal Job Description At PayPal (NASDAQ:
PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate
fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize
financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of
background or economic standing, has access to affordable,
convenient, and secure products and services to take control of
their financial lives. We're a purpose-driven company, and our
beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day.
We're guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation,
Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us
to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of
everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and
the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status
quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the
hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the
The Compliance team is responsible for the design, development, and
support of Compliance APIs that are integrated with key strategic
partners. Our solutions need to scale across millions of such
interactions, working with petabyte-plus data, integrating with
various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability
and configurability to the business. In PayPal, we develop
massively scalable, distributed software systems that require high
availability to our business. To achieve this we are always looking
at advances in technology and science and tying those back to
business needs.We are always looking for strong technologists who
are passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer
engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. You
will build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms,
along with a technical fascination for how everything ties
- Be responsible for practicing technical design, developing new
functionality and maintaining existing components
- Deep dive into PayPal's world class compliance systems and
algorithms and work side by side with data scientists and analysts
on data centric analytic solutions
- Contribute to PayPal's efforts to fight against regulatory
violations, using advanced algorithms and technology, while
deploying the code you develop into PayPal's live systems, and
having a true global effect
- Design and implement highly available and scalable backend
software components in Java in the PayPal compliance domain.
- Evaluating third party applications for compliance, tailoring
it to PayPal needs and implementing the same.
- Develop automated tests and deliver high quality code to
production within a short development cycle in the Continuous
Integration and delivery environment.
- Conduct design and code reviews, fix bugs, and resolve
- Provide support for case management, regulatory filings and
- Work effectively with globally distributed teams in multiple
time zonesJob Requirements:--
- Solid foundational knowledge of computer engineering and
intellectual curiosity to understand the business
such as NodeJS.
- Experience with web front end technologies such as HTML5, CSS3,
Webpack, LESS, Bootstrap.
- Solid knowledge of basic algorithms
- Passion for developing robust, scalable software systems
- Highly motivated, goal driven, Can-do approach
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, team player, ability to
- Strong OOP skills, ability to analyze requirements and prepare
- Hands on experience with common open-source and Java EE
- Experience with REST API's, Web Services, Unit Testing, Java
- Experience with Spring or any web MVC frameworks
- Oracle, SQL, JDBC/ORM, JMS, App servers / Servlet containers,
- 5 plus years experience coding in Java
- Fintech domain experience is a plus
- Exposure to Hadoop technologies and Experience in developing
Pig scripts in Hadoop is a plus.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the
digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make
financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and
secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 400
million active account holders the confidence to connect and
transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of
technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates
better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and
flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid.
Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal
platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers
and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies,
withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal
accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
R0077708 Together, we'll build a world of
economic opportunity. Grow your career with us. Please access our
internal career opportunities while connected to our corporate
network. Questions about a position or an application?
We have answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Keywords: PayPal, Inc., San Jose , UX/UI Visualization Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!