Firmware Development Support Engineer - 1976
Company: KIOXIA America, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 10, 2021
No relocation assistance provided
KIOXIA America, Inc. (formerly Toshiba Memory America, Inc.) is the
US-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide
supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the
invention of flash memory to today's breakthrough BiCS FLASH--- 3D
technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer cutting-edge memory
solutions and services that enrich people's lives and expand
society's horizons. The company's innovative 3D flash memory
technology, BiCS FLASH---, is shaping the future of storage in
high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs,
SSDs, automotive and data centers.
KIOXIA data center SSD firmware group is looking for Firmware
development support engineer. The position requires meticulous care
towards the assignment, and ideally an eye for improvements where
the existing processes are flawed. You will be supporting the
firmware development team with lab management, build execution, and
some test execution.
KIOXIA is looking for someone who has experience in HDD or SSD
testing, Protocol analyzer installations, SSD/HDD test lab setup,
PC lab setup, PC lab management and improvement; and managing an
engineering lab space.
- Assist with inventory, interact with operations for supplies
and coordinate system builds as needed
- You will be the point-of-contact for engineering lab-related
activities. You will be managing engineering lab day-to-day
operations including lab organization, lab space access and
security, and safety protocols.
- You have experience procuring and keeping inventory of
electronic parts, tools, and laboratory consumables
- You will be working on creating new test setup and making them
available to the firmware developers.
- ESD compliance.
- Build weekly (or more frequently) using tools such as
Bitbucket, git, python
- Identify system improvements and inefficiencies, and work with
colleagues for improvements
- Organize release testing as necessary and provide release test
reports to the management team.
- Support and managed test execution, as we are primarily
- Manage custom test execution plans development partners
- Extract failure information and restore systems as needed
- Help firmware team in recreating failures and with manual test
- Hands-on experience with SSD or HDD test and debug.
- Skill with report generation and data visualization
- Experience with Git, python, basic networking, PC
- Detail oriented, experienced with lab environments, and best
- Good understanding of lab ESD practices.
- You have flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a
related discipline, MS or higher is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: KIOXIA America, Inc., San Jose , Firmware Development Support Engineer - 1976, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!