Senior Engineering Manager
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 8, 2021
We are looking for a shown engineering leader to help manage and
develop a team of passionate engineers working on Splunk's core
search infrastructure. This team is responsible for driving the
performance, scale, and reliability of the search experience
maximised by Splunk's core products. You thrive in a dynamic
environment and have a track record of technical expertise and
management responsibility. The primary goal of this job is to
enable every team member to do the best work of their lives. Roles
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by
serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent
your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will work with your manager, architect, product manager,
and peers to ensure alignment of your team's work in delivering
search improvements to customers.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation supporting the
engineers that are on-call for customer issues.
- You will work with technical architects and team members to
craft thoughtful approaches to evolving the search platform.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain premier developers. Requirements:
- You have experience developing and delivering scalable systems
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a
proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members to be
- You are passionate about building and encouraging good
engineering practices and processes, like version control,
test-driven development, continuous integration, and
- You have a good foundation in backend systems, storage,
filesystem, distributed systems and information retrieval.
- Preferably you have experience in cloud native technologies and
running cloud-based services.
- Preferably you have experience in C++ development. What We
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always
expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and
contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the
way from engineering and QA to product management and customer
- A stable, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to
have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home
sometimes? No problem. We trust our Colleagues to be responsible
with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps
cultivate an outstanding environment.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Splunk turns machine
data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk
solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT,
Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without
regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical
condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational
qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other
consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click
here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice.
Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy
Splunk also has policies in place to protect the personal
information candidates disclose to us as part of the application
process. Please click here to review Splunk's Career Site Privacy
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own
pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here
to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where
required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who
are seeking information from our website. Any individual using
assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader,
etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part
of Splunk's website should send comments to
firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the nature of the
accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the
accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message
should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees
to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed
agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here . You have been redirected
to a Splunk job page
Keywords: Splunk, San Jose , Senior Engineering Manager, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!