Engineering Manager - Payments
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that
simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial
operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the
Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to
process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019.
The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates
connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It
helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with
several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of
the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software
providers. Bill.com has offices in San Jose, California and
Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow
@billcom. Mission Reporting to the Engineering Head of Card
Payments, you will provide technical and managerial leadership to
one of the engineering teams that are responsible for our card
payments and new payment technologies. Key Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 4-8 engineers responsible for card payment
- Deliver new end-to-end capabilities that consist of
customer-facing UI and underlying platform services.
- Work with architects, product managers and other engineering
managers to deliver capabilities on a monthly sprint cadence.
- Develop your engineers through coaching, mentoring and
- Work with Talent Acquisition to hire engineers and interns as
you scale the team. Participate in university recruiting and other
- Maintain high standards for operational excellence and
engineering rigor through unit tests, functional tests and
- Serve as the scrum master for your team's deliverables and take
ownership from design through development and production
- Review plans and code and provide technical guidance to your
- Present plans, progress and outcomes at monthly reviews and
company meetings. Qualifications
- BS Computer Science or Engineering.
- 8 years overall experience with at least 2 years in a
management role and previous experience as a software
- Experience leading teams with 5+ engineers in a SaaS
- Experience with card payment technologies, such as card issuing
, card processing or payment gateways
- Track record for delivering product features and services with
high quality with multiple production deliveries per month.
- Experience working with development, QA, program management and
product management in an agile scrum model.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and confidence
presenting in group settings.
- Experience building PCI Level 1 complaint solutions is
preferred. Expected Outcomes 90 Days
- Learn the Bill.com product and business domain.
- Learn the current technology direction and platform
infrastructure. Work with the team to understand our existing
framework, stack and API's.
- Assume scrum-master responsibilities for your team's
deliverables. Work across Engineering to ensure successful
deliveries to production.
- Cultivate an active hiring pipeline and hire your first
engineer. 1 Year
- Develop a technology infrastructure roadmap (to support
business objectives) that modernizes our tech stack and provides
scale, performance and opportunities for our engineers to do the
best work of their lives.
- Actively partner with product management and engineering
leaders to influence feature definition and implementation -
contribute to discussions on trade-offs and scoping
- Technology driven innovation - provide innovative solutions to
business problems. Bill.com is committed to a policy of equal
employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and
promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital
status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
veteran status, present or past history of mental disability,
genetic information or any other classification protected by state
or federal law. --- Fun - Celebrate the moments --- Authentic - We
are who we are --- Passionate - Love what you do --- Dedicated - To
each other and the customer
Keywords: Bill.com, San Jose , Engineering Manager - Payments, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!