Transceiver E&Q OSA Engineer Intern
Company: Lumentum Operations
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2020
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
What Will You Do?
Lumentum, an intense and exciting growing global company, is
looking for interns to join our creative Engineering and Quality
(E&Q) team to solve challenging problems in our production
lines in different locations worldwide. Specifically, you will
support Transmission Business Unit's (TxBU) smooth production and
new product launch. You will be working on start-of-art 100G and
400G coherent transceivers which support the world's multi-billion
internet users for various applications including
telecommunications, 5G, cloud computing, internet of things,
Our diverse team is hard-working, smart, goal-oriented,
collaborative, and creative. We are looking for an intern who will
participate in every level of production from laser chips to
optical subassemblies (OSAs) and to transmission modules.
Comprehensive training on datacomm and coherent optical
transceivers will be provided to bring you up to speed on the most
advanced photonics technologies. You will be exposed to multiple
facets in transceiver manufacturing from complicated Indium
Phosphide (InP) laser chips to super compact transceiver modules.
Expect to learn all facets of transceiver knowledge and to leave
this position with invaluable skills and industry experiences.
You will work with world-class transceiver engineers in US, UK,
Asia to solving real-world challenging production issues. In this
position you will ultimately gain hands-on experience in a
high-tech company and at the same time you will participate in an
internship program that includes many exciting activities including
lunches with executive team members, presentations, and more.
- Work with senior E&Q engineers to analyze OSA yield reports
using Tableau and PCAS data extraction tools.
- Collaborate with E&Q data team on setting up excursion
- Study and understand the transceiver OSA manufacturing process
and test methodologies.
- Debugging transceiver OSA failures using data correlation and
- Participate in work meetings with manufacturing engineers and
design engineers worldwide.
- Write PPT slides and present results to broad technical team
for findings and DOE proposals.
- Execute and drive experiments at Asia manufacturing line for
data collection and analyze results.
- Learn data analyzing software including JMP, Excel,
- Study product test specifications and learn to apply algorithm
to the raw test data.
- Learn documentation and reporting processes using A3 and 8D
templates, JERA, Agile.
- Qualified candidates will be enrolled in a PhD degree program
in Optics, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related major.
Students must be returning to school following the internship.
- Post-Master towards a PhD degree in Optics, Electrical
Engineering, Physics, or similar fields.
- Strong problem-solving capability is required.
- Communication and team work skills are required.
- Knowledge on free space optics is required.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision is
- Knowledge on fiber optical network is a plus.
- Data analytic and statistic skill is a plus.
- Experience with programs such as MS Office (Word, Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint), and Agile is a plus.
- Experience or knowledge on OSA assembling processes (die
attach, wire bond, alignment) is a plus.
- Knowledge on manufacturing control techniques (SPC, CPk, QCFC)
is a plus.
Keywords: Lumentum Operations, San Jose , Transceiver E&Q OSA Engineer Intern, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!