Engineer Principal, VCSEL Laser Semiconductor
Company: Lumentum Operations
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2020
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
What Will You Do?
Lumentum is seeking a bright, motivated individual to contribute to
the development of a variety of highly-innovative and
market-leading high-power and/or high-speed VCSEL products for
datacom, industrial and consumer applications.
As a VCSEL Development Engineer in the R&D group, you will help
bring next generation VCSELs from concept to production.Your work
will span device design, mask layout, process flow development,
characterization and tester development, DC test data analysis and
pulsed/RF measurements.You will need a deep understanding of VCSEL
design, and excellent collaboration skills with other laser device
engineers, mechanical and software engineers, reliability experts
and manufacturing process specialists.
- Device and Epitaxial design to meet high-speed VCSEL
requirement for datacom applications;
- Mask layout and VCSEL process development (lithography, wet
etching, plasma etching, metal and dielectric deposition systems,
implantation, and oxidation);
- High-speed datacom VCSEL testing (S21, RIN, BER, PAM4, eye
- Design for manufacturing of VCSELs with high yields at high
- Manage tasks/project through the various development phases
(concept, demonstration, development, qualification, production) to
meet program milestones.
- 3+ years of experience with high-power and/or high-speed VCSEL
- In depth knowledge of semiconductor processes (lithography,
wet/dry etch, oxidation, implantation, dielectric/metal
- Hands-on experience with electronic test equipment and
characterization (e.g., computer control, RF S-parameter testing,
- Proficient in data analysis with tools like Python, Excel/JMP,
- Familiarity with wafer fabrication metrology and failure
- Familiarity with conception, planning, design, and
qualification phases of development projects;
- Strong verbal, organizational, written communication skills and
ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams;
- Master's or PhD degree in EE, Materials, Physics or
Keywords: Lumentum Operations, San Jose , Engineer Principal, VCSEL Laser Semiconductor, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!