Big Data Engineer
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job Title:Big Data Engineer
Location: US, California, San JoseRole Overview:You will work with
a team of Software Engineers to create the next generation of
McAfee security products to enhance the auto detection and
investigation of security breaches within large organizations. You
will work with Architects and other Cloud Infrastructure Engineers
to understand the designs, validate the features, and to deliver
and integrate solutions in an AWS environment. If you are
passionate about building security solutions that keep millions of
enterprise customers safe with an outstanding user experience, then
this position might be a perfect opportunity for you. You will
report to the Sr. Manager, Software Engineering and will be based
in San Jose, CA.
Company OverviewFrom device to cloud, McAfee provides
market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and
consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that
are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction
of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee
secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats,
both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of
cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products
About the Role:
- Help develop our next-generation micro-services to enhance auto
detection of different breaches and other security concerns.
- Use your knowledge of Java, Go or Python to create new features
in the cloud.
- Work with other software developers and be responsible for the
whole solution including uptime and design of the product.
- Work with other developers to fix bugs, debug issues and
- Understand and influence logging to support our Data Flow.
- Pioneer a new way of thinking about Data Pipelines,
Orchestration and Configuration at McAfee.
- Your experience includes 5+ years of hands-on experience with
Big Data technology(Kafka, Spark or Airflow).
- Successful track record in developing and automating
large-scale, high-performance data processing systems (batch and
- Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval to meet
critical product requirements.
- Experience with both scripting and system programming languages
(Python, Go and Scala).
- Experience with microservices including defining and testing
Company Benefits and Perks:We work hard to embrace diversity and
inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic
selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs,
flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee
prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status,
pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any
other legally protected status.Job Type:Experienced HirePrimary
Location:US, California, San Jose
Keywords: McAfee, San Jose , Big Data Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!