Senior Hardware Design Engineer - Power
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Ciena may well be the most important technology company you've
never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and
those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your
favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant
and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena,
another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the
underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our
doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G --- literally none of it would be
possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the
internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the
global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been
part of the critical infrastructure running within the most
advanced companies in the world.Ciena's Access Products Hardware
team is looking for an experienced Analog and Board Mounted Power
Design Engineer to join the team. You will be responsible for
selecting, designing, and verifying board mounted power designs to
meet PCB power requirements.
You will assist HW engineers in designing the Power Delivery System
for our products. You will be responsible for selecting and
designing power solutions to meet PCB power requirements. You will
work with HW engineers, SI engineers, and CAD designers. Perform
power integrity simulations. Validate power delivery and integrity.
Provide reusable power solutions for multiple HW designs.
- Familiar with Cadence Concept schematic capture and Allegro
- Familiar with Power Integrity tools
- Evaluate DC/DC switcher and LDO solutions from major
- PMBus architecture
- Intel VTT test tool, SVID, VRM
- ASIC AVS
- Capable of instrumenting test equipment for validating ripple
noise and transient response of power supplies.
- Familiar with PCB construction aspects such as copper weights,
via current capabilities, PTH thermal relief, etc.
- Familiar with FCC requirements and troubleshooting techniques
for radiated/conducted emissions problems.
- Familiar with power filtering, wire gauges, safety fuses,
active ORing circuits.
- Familiar with Agile BOM creation, ECO release process,
- Familiar with verification instruments such as thermocouples,
electronic loads, environmental chambers.
- Experience with battery backup and dying gasp.
- Experience with designing system power trees.
- Able to design, implement and validate power up and power down
- Able to design hot plug power interfaces.
- Team player with good oral and written communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of HW design experience
- Experience with Ethernet switching product development
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and
implementation of leading network technologies. That's what
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm.
Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its
employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality,
religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free
selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation
to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion
of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken
to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation
measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition
for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our
formal interview process
Keywords: CIENA, San Jose , Senior Hardware Design Engineer - Power, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!