Instructional Aide II - Special Education - $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Spectrum Center Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Spectrum Center Schools , a growing, dynamic organization with a
social mission to offer hope is seeking Instructional Aides to join
our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture
that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers
limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
Now Offering $2000 Sign-on Bonus!
If you thrive in a fast-paced,
goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with
genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of
humor, and a stellar work ethic - We Should Talk! ---
As an Instructional Aide, you will provide individualized
supervision and instruction to assigned students and additional
support to the core classroom staff. Working with student(s) to
implement their Individualized Education Programs (IEP), you will
utilize group and individual instruction in the classroom and
- Implements curriculum (including all on-site and
community-based instruction) and behavioral intervention strategies
consistent with the letter and intent of the IEP/ITP (Individual
Transition Plan)/ PBIP (Positive Behavior Intervention Plan) to
meet each student's goals and objectives.
- Consults with supervisor on the progress of students and the
implementation of the IEP/ITP/PBIP and assists in transition plans
for integrating the student back to a public school placement
(mainstreaming/inclusion) or to an adult program. Writes Progress
Reports, develops and modifies data sheets, and develops
- Follows the classroom schedule which addresses each student's
IEP/ITP goals including community and vocational goals, group
instruction, any Designated Instructional Services (DIS) and/or
- Completes accurate and timely documentation on student's
behavior as outlined by school procedures; reports observations to
relevant staff and makes recommendations based on observations.
Assists in preparation of other behavioral reports and daily
activities log as required. Maintain confidentiality of student
information and records at all times.
- Participates in the data collection process by collecting,
recording, and maintaining data required by student programs,
classroom records, and data computer systems as assigned by
supervisor; and provides input for the development of Functional
Analyses of Behavior and Positive Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Performs job coaching duties as assigned, by assisting in the
training of students, on campus or at community job sites in
appropriate work behavior and specific employment skills. Keeps
supervisor informed of issues regarding student's vocational skills
- Provides for the basic physical needs of students as needed
(e.g. toileting and diapering, ensure students receive their
medications, assist with feeding students, assist with hygiene,
- Maintains safety and security of the facility through close
observation and monitoring of the students, maintaining optimal
physical proximity, remaining alert at all times, and using
analytical forethought to anticipate potentially volatile or unsafe
situations to proactively intervene.
- Complies with all company policies/procedures and regulatory
requirements and reports any known or suspected violations to
his/her supervisor or through other means identified in company
- Provides appropriate crisis intervention as necessary using the
least restrictive method by anticipating and responding quickly to
escalating behaviors, utilizing appropriate de-escalation
techniques to diffuse the situation, correctly prioritizing safety
concerns, following proper physical restraint techniques, and
displaying neutral emotions.
- Consistently meets school and regulatory training requirements
by attending all mandatory meetings and training sessions as
- Assures cleanliness and orderliness of the classroom by
assisting in cleaning, filing, and preparing materials and
proactively assists in all security, maintenance, and safety
functions as required for the overall facility.
- Participates as a team member and promotes a positive work
environment by demonstrating cooperation, compromise, appropriate
expression of opinion, and by treating others with consideration,
courtesy, and respect.
- Assists with other daily classroom functions and special
assignments as directed; including, but not limited to, substitute
teaching. IA 2 is the primary instructor to students this position
is the supervisor and mentor of staff when the teacher is absent.
This includes credential coverage communication with families and
other management of classroom systems as needed. Provides classroom
orientation for new staff per agency guidelines as directed by the
- Assists with the planning and preparation of educational
materials and activities and maintains individual student data
binders and communication devices/books. Also assists the teacher
in managing the classroom budget, records and environment.
- Serves as an aide (also known as a "rider") to provide
supervision and management of student behavior during
transportation routes in Spectrum owned vehicles (at applicable
- Provides (at applicable campuses) transportation for students
by driving a Spectrum owned vehicle with student/s who require
transportation to and/or from school. This responsibility requires
an employee provided DMV driving record report.
- Performs additional duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three years of experience working with students in an education
setting or working with individuals with disabilities.
- You must obtain an "Emergency 30 Day Sub Permit" within 90 days
of starting employment.
- Valid California driver's license.
Spectrum Center Schools is a division of Chancelight Education ,
the nation's leading provider of alternative and special education
programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and
in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have
helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives
Learn more about our history, our mission, and the program services
we provide by visiting the links below:
As a member of the Chancelight family
you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful
impacts, the support needed to achieve performance, success and
advancement goals; and receive all the tools essential to reaching
your personal & professional fulfillment!
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More! If you're ready to start changing the
direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to
create successful, independent futures - this is your Chance !
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of
Careers, With Chancelight. = Work. With Purpose.
- Bachelors or better Licenses & Certifications Required
- Driver Licenses Skills Required
- Special Education Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Spectrum Center Inc., San Jose , Instructional Aide II - Special Education - $2,000 Sign-on Bonus, Education / Teaching , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!