Classroom Assistant/Teacher resident
Company: Children's Health Council
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 14, 2022
#workthatmattersBehind every child who believes in their own
potential is an adult who believed first. Could that be you?
CHC is seeking to grow our team with passionate professionals who
- every child who walks through CHC's doors is filled with
promise and potential (even if they don't see it themselves).
- differences are superpowers and kids are superheroes (even when
they're in disguise).
- if a child is struggling, a whole family is struggling, and we
can offer them the first glimmer of hope they may have seen in a
very long time.
By becoming a part of CHC, you have the unique opportunity to:
- collaborate with some of the most renowned child and adolescent
experts in the country.
- be an instrument of healing, leading children, teens, and young
adults to roads filled with growth, promise, and
- leverage your own unique talents to change lives every day.
At CHC, we believe in the promise and potential of every child,
teen and young adult. Our mission is to transform young lives by
providing culturally responsive best-in-class learning and mental
health services to families from diverse backgrounds regardless of
language, location or ability to pay. We specialize in ADHD,
Learning Differences, Anxiety & Depression and Autism.
Esther B. Clark Schools provide transformative education in a
caring, therapeutic day school setting where children with
emotional and behavioral issues re-engage in learning and develop
the positive behaviors necessary to transition back to a more
traditional school setting. It's one of the most successful
programs of its kind.
Launch an exciting career in teaching through this incredible
opportunity with Esther B. Clark Schools in partnership with
Pacific Oaks College and the state of California. Gain experience
working at EBC while working towards a master's degree and
preliminary credential under the position with full benefits. The
program has State support towards your tuition and EBC offers a
highly competitive package including additional tuition support as
your responsibilities grow.
Our Teacher Residency design has you start the program as a
classroom assistant working directly in your Mentor Teacher's
classroom. As you complete the components of your degree program,
you begin to slowly assume teacher responsibilities in the
classroom, effectively growing into your student teaching and
ultimately teacher career. This innovative design is being
supported by the state of California and the Residency Lab,
enabling us to help launch teaching careers in a highly supported
and collaborative environment. Your coursework will be done in a
cohort design with other residents, through a hybrid in-person and
online model offered through Pacific Oaks College.
The program design is 18 months for your credential and 22 months
until your master's degree. You will begin your course study in
August 2022. Upon completing the program and obtaining your
credential, you will be eligible for a teaching position at Esther
B. Clark School! Join our amazing team today and launch your
- Assist the classroom teacher in presenting and preparing
lessons as required.
- Assist the Behavioral Specialist in executing and monitoring
the classroom behavior management program.
- Instruct individual and small groups of students in academic or
- In conjunction with the teacher or behavior specialist, prepare
materials, exercises, and reports.
- Develop skills to take the lead as a student teacher.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff, team, and CA
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Academic Program
- Attend special education instructional and mental health
- Participate in supervising students during class transitions
and recess times.
- Document and distribute team notes, conference notes, and
parent notes during meetings and as needed.
- Be a problem solver and active team member in collaborative
- Punctuality and attendance are of the essence.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- At least two years of experience in a field related to
- CBEST must be complete at the time of acceptance into Pacific
- Must be able to begin in a cohort of classes as instructed by
Pacific Oaks College.
- B.A. in either education or field related to mental health
- Experience in child supervision necessary.
- Experience in special education school setting with students
with learning/behavioral challenges preferred.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your
success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an
attractive and extensive benefits package for employees working at
least .75 FTE or greater, including:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible schedules!
- Training and development
- Educational reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Life and personal accident insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Free continuing education classes offered on-site
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- 14-16 paid holidays each year
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our
employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We
strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each
person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions,
planning and culture.
Keywords: Children's Health Council, San Jose , Classroom Assistant/Teacher resident, Education / Teaching , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!