English Language Arts Teacher
Company: KIPP Public Schools Northern California
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
This is the application for all teaching roles at KIPP Public
Schools Northern California in the 2 school year. You can see a
full list of our openings here.
About KIPP Public Schools Northern California
We are a thriving nonprofit network of 16 free, public charter
schools open to all students. At KIPP, we believe all children
should grow up free to create the future they want for themselves
and that schools can and should be a critical factor in making that
vision a reality. Together with families and communities, we create
joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with
the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose-college,
career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a
more just world.
Our student community consists of over 6,000 elementary, middle,
and high school students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco,
San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City. 79% qualify for free or
reduced price lunch, 23% are English language learners, and 10%
have special needs. We strive to cultivate a representative team of
ELA Teachers and leaders that reflect our students' diversity.
- Our schools are looking for talented and committed ELA Teacher
s to play a key role in the establishment of curriculum and culture
as they develop a world-class education program from the stages of
vision to execution.
- The outcomes our students deserve necessitate continuously
strong teaching from the time our students enter kindergarten until
they graduate from college. As such, our ELA Teacher s will work
closely with each school's leadership team to ensure our students
learn, grow, and eventually achieve transformative life outcomes.
Each ELA Teacher will be responsible for ensuring that our students
have the opportunity to learn in an environment of joyful,
- Above all else, the most effective ELA Teacher will find joy
and purpose in teaching children the habits necessary to be
successful in school, and they will relish the opportunity to imbue
our students with a love for learning. They must also be committed
to KIPP Public Schools Northern California's mission, while
possessing the beliefs, character traits, and skills necessary to
ensure student growth and achievement.
- ELA Teacher s are expected to plan, organize and implement an
appropriate instructional program in a TK-12 learning environment,
both in an in-person classroom setting and virtually, that guides
and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic and
socio-emotional potential. Work is performed under the supervision
of the principal.
All KIPP ELA Teacher s must...
- Model KIPP values
- Be committed to being an anti-racist educator
- Believe all students can achieve at the highest academic
- Possess strong content area knowledge and skills building
relationships with students, families, and communities
- Teach in our extended day and year schedule (click here to
learn more about a day in the life of a KIPP student)
- Contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding
- Communicate well with students, families, and colleagues
- Have proficient knowledge of Google Suite applications (Google
Classroom, Hangout, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Have the ability to learn and utilize instructional technology
to support in-class and distance learning (i.e. Zoom, Nearpod)
- Hold a B.A/B.S degree from a regionally accredited
- Hold a valid teaching credential or be in the process of
securing one (please click here to learn more)
- Experience as an educator teaching Black and Brown students for
one or more years
- Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese or Mandarin speaking
We are dedicated to you and your family's well-being! KIPP offers a
competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits.
Although KIPP does not post salary scales, we are happy to walk
candidates through the compensation package.
Questions? Email us at [email protected]
Apply here and pursue your dream job today!
Keywords: Stockton, high school, middle school, elementary school,
jobs, hiring, oakland, east bay, california, bay area, san
francisco, san jose, peninsula, east palo alto, redwood city, early
childhood education, ELA ELA Teacher , english ELA Teacher ,
language arts ELA Teacher
Keywords: KIPP Public Schools Northern California, San Jose , English Language Arts Teacher, Education / Teaching , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!