Medical Assistant - Grade 180
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 17, 2020
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the
direction of the Physician and/or Designee. Essential
- Interview patients and measure vital signs and other pertinent
information as required by department. Records information in
patients medical record. Prepares treatment rooms and patients for
examination. Assists clinician with care of the patient.
Inventories, orders and replenishes medical supplies and materials.
Gives treatments and performs routine laboratory tests as required
- Schedules appointments, performs clinical tasks and completes
appropriate forms as required by department. May be responsible for
administering medications, including injections. May be responsible
for cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking instruments.
Performs computer data entry functions. Performs clinical/technical
skills specific to the department. Performs other related duties as
necessary. Customer Service: Practices customer service standards
as defined by the Medical Center and specified department.
- Anticipates the customer's needs, takes proactive steps to meet
those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within scope to
ensure issues are resolved. Promptly responds to alarms and patient
requests. Facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment. Team
Commitment: Is an effective team member who is flexible,
cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and
seeks appropriate assistance. Takes accountability for own actions.
Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other
team members. Actively participates in departmental professional
development activities. Adheres to Attendance Policy. Supports a
collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
responsibilities. Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum six (6) months of experience or successful completion
of Kaiser externship..Education
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the
requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical
Board of California.License, Certification, Registration
- BLS required.Additional Requirements:
- Medical Terminology Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend medical
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate
collective bargaining agreement.
- Demonstrated ability to use personal computer.Preferred
- N/AKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed
to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Medical
Assistant - Grade 180LOCATION: San Jose, CaliforniaREQNUMBER:
854599External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Jose , Medical Assistant - Grade 180, Education / Teaching , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!