Company: Cupertino Electric, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Position Title: CAD Technician
Reports to: Engineering Technologies Manager
CAD/Bim Drafter: This is the entry level of technical work
requiring a CAD/BIM Drafting certification and no experience, or
the equivalent of a degree in appropriate education and experience.
Assignments are designed to develop professional work knowledge and
abilities. Works under close supervision on required tasks. Work is
checked during progress.
Desktop Technician: Provide technical software, hardware and
network problem resolution to all Engineering Department technology
users by performing diagnosis/resolutions; clearly communicate
technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner;
provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; conduct hardware
and software inventory database maintenance and reporting; and
perform related work as required.
- No responsibility for direction of others
Essential Job Functions:
CAD/BIM Drafter 1:
- Perform CAD/BIM support - drafting, plotting, plotter
maintenance, Record documents
- Perform CAD/BIM tasks assigned by CAD/BIM Manager.
- CAD/BIM markups of the electrical power and lighting
- Assemble design drawings and documents and provide or
- Fully understands and performs the processes of new job
- Provide support for Microsoft Windows 10
- Install and support for engineering software.
- Operate and maintain system hardware and software
- Upgrade and replace hardware where appropriate.
- Install new / rebuild existing desktops/laptops and configure
hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage,
etc. in accordance with standards.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource and escalate
situations requiring urgent attention
- Coordinate the collection of Redlines and incorporate
information into drawings
- Utilize established CAD/BIM drafting standards, file management
& techniques to prepare drawings
- Create, revise and maintain Electrical drawings and
documentation using AutoCAD/Revit
- Position is generally performed in an office environment -
onsite trailer work may be required
- Visit project site to audit and survey existing electrical
- Develop understanding of the Engineering department's design
and CAD/BIM workflows
- Introduction to CEI's business inter-department functions
- Develop proficient use of AutoCAD - MEP/REVIT, CAD and file
- Introduction to fundamental power & lighting systems
- Develop understanding of the various State and National CODES
governing our work
- College/Technology school in CAD drafting preferred
- 1-2 years working for an electrical design firm or design build
- Basic Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD - MEP/REVIT
- Good time management, communication and people skills
- Autodesk AutoCAD preferred
- Must have thorough experience and knowledge of PC's and be
proficient in Microsoft Standard Products of office software
operating within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Strong Trouble-shooting Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position
- Work within a team
- Some extra hours in the evenings and weekends required
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This
position is not eligible for sponsorship.
About Cupertino Electric, Inc.
At Cupertino Electric (CEI), we thrive on building complex
electrical projects for commercial, energy and data center
customers that others find impossible. Whatever the challenge,
we're up for it-and we need dedicated, driven people who share our
philosophy to join us. We are one of the largest specialty
contractors in the U.S., have a 65-year history, and believe in
creating an environment where people are excited to show up and do
their best work. Together, we can deliver power and possibilities.
Cupertino Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn
more at cei.com.
Keywords: Cupertino Electric, Inc., San Jose , CAD Technician, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!