Staff Product Marketing Engineer
Company: Renesas Electronics America, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Staff Product Marketing Engineer
Requisition ID: 38795
Department: (Application Engineering)
San Jose, CA, US
Job Function: Product Marketing
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the
world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and
smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent
by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial,
infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio
includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus
Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary
products. We are a key supplier to the world's leading
manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not
see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries
worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the
Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements:
Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial.
Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and
inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its
resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable
future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and
build your future by being part of what's next in electronics and
The Wireless Power Staff Applications Engineer interfaces with
Product, Test and Design Engineering with a focus on customer
systems application/design-in and collateral related tasks for new
and existing products.
* Support customer applications by designing, building and testing
demonstration and reference design circuits to meet customer
specifications in support of the sale of Renesas Wireless Power
* Write product datasheets with applications sections, application
notes, internal and external presentations and demo board user
manuals, responsible for all text, graphs and diagrams.
* Design Customer Evaluation Kits in conjunction with GUIs/software
that will be used by customers to evaluate Renesas Wireless Power
* Perform and design Lab tests (using manual and automatic methods
of measurement) to verify, characterize, and prevent future
failures of analog/power management circuits using Lab benchtop
* Design and assist with building application test fixtures, new
device evaluation and customer demo boards including demo board
instruction manuals and product datasheets. This includes
management of personnel involved in printed circuit boards,
selection and acquisition of components, board assembly and circuit
* Direct contact with customers and field application engineering
staff for creating design solutions and troubleshooting system
* Participate in team meetings; assist the product planning team
with "Road Tests" based on a wireless power test list and generate
* Guide Firmware definitions and settings for optimal performance
and user experience.
* Knowledge of circuit design, power management and
* Strong Analog and Power circuit design skills with knowledge of
* Lab test and measurement skills with PC based software required
to characterize new products and design application circuit
* Excellent writing, technical drawing and verbal communications
skills are mandatory for this position with expectations of writing
product datasheets, documenting lab reports and creating product
application notes using MS Word, Excel and Visio.
* Proficient with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, electronic
loads, spectrum/network analyzers and other common lab instruments
with automatic measurements using NI LabView software
control/Python and experience with serial communication protocols
such as I2C.
* Working knowledge of printed circuit board layout and fabrication
as well as electronic assembly practices. Ability to use soldering
equipment and have knowledge of hand assembly with SMT devices.
* Must have a positive team attitude: a 'can do' approach, good
work ethic and willingness to learn and share ideas.
* BS (with 7+ years experience) or MS (with 5+ years experience) on
the major of Electronics Engineering or Power Electronics
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a
work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race,
religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran
status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Renesas Electronics America, Inc., San Jose , Staff Product Marketing Engineer, Advertising , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!