Remote Proposal Writer
Company: Once Upon an RFP
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Once Upon an RFP is a US-based Proposal Services Agency that
supports B2B and B2G (Government) organizations' proposals-and
RFP-based business development. We're hiring Proposal Consultants
to join our team supporting a large Healthcare client. Our
Consultants work remotely, can live anywhere in the US, and are
offered a benefits package.
We are looking for seasoned Proposal Writers specifically, with
experience in Health Insurance & Benefit Plans. RFP-based and
proactive proposal writing experience in such a space is
This position is full-time, business hours, and requires
flexibility to meet online with teams as needed on evenings and
ResponsibilitiesProposal Writers meet with the owner of each
proposal within our client's business to discuss the solution,
associated risks, pursuit team, content, previous proposals, and
other sources to support draft development. Additionally:
- Manage proposal assignments from assignment to submission.
- Schedule and lead all calls, including kickoff, touch base, and
draft reviews using web conferencing to enable screen shares.
- Thoroughly review proposal requirements, develop the timeline,
and create the project plan and proposal template to comply with
RFP response requirements.
- Create and manage the compliance matrix. Lead efforts to ensure
compliance with RFx requirements.
- Populate proposal draft with content from the content library,
create new content by reviewing product/service specifications or
interviewing subject matter experts.
- Review and edit team content for spelling, grammar, accuracy,
single voice, and consistency with win themes.
- Obtain approvals, including pricing and submittal
- Finalize proposal documents, ensuring the final is compliant
with regulations and instructions in the solicitation.
- Submit proposals according to RFP directions.
- Experience writing proposals for medical insurance, including
Vision and/or Dental, as well as Prescription plans.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, or a technical
- 3+ years of experience in a professional proposal
- Advanced Microsoft 365 skills, including working with Themes
and Styles in Word.
- Expert in working with .pdfs, including creating fillable
forms, exporting docs from .pdf to other formats, and redacting
- Demonstrated success in creative and business writing
- Ability to complete RFP responses, including coordinating
activities with many departments and incorporating layman terms in
- Project management experience, including organizing, planning,
- Able to work 100% remote, independently, and collaboratively
with a team
- Reliable internet access and the ability to maintain the utmost
- Proposal automation software, such as Qvidian, RFPIO, Loopio,
- APMP Certification
The ideal candidate should be a quick learner in a complex
environment. They should be comfortable working independently while
utilizing downtime with continuous learning and improvement.
Additionally, candidates must be comfortable managing the pressure
of multiple proposals that may have similar or close deadlines.
Non-Discrimination PolicyAt our Once Upon an RFP, we value all
employees and job candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome
the variety of experiences they bring to our company. As such, we
have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe everyone should
be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification,
sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion,
age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information,
pregnancy, or other characteristics protected by law. If you feel
you have been discriminated against, please let your manager or
Human Resources Department know as soon as possible. Every
complaint will be appropriately investigated.
Keywords: Once Upon an RFP, San Jose , Remote Proposal Writer, Advertising , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!