Head of Content for Consumer Marketing
Company: PayPal, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Who we are Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to
financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is
committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people
and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 325 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies. When applying
for a job you are required to create an account, if you have
already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your
applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help
us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation
of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important
for us to ensure our future hires have the right -- system set
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple
capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:As PayPal's lead consumer content
strategist, you will establish the foundations of our consumer
brand and content that amplifies the PayPal network story - driving
brand preference and drives demand for our products and partners.
You will be responsible for the strategy and execution of PayPal's
branded content, within paid and owned social channels while
connecting this content to our performance marketing programs. This
marketing role sits at the intersection of all parts of the
business: comms, sales, product, and customer support.
In this role you will be developing content, social and editorial
strategies linked to verticals and key cultural calendar moments
and urgent news cycle conversations across our core markets that
deliver on our customer needs while making incremental impact on
our brand, product, and merchant metrics.
You and your global team will create compelling and engaging
content that inspires, recognizes our company values, grows our
community, and delivers growth to the business. You will bring a
data and insights led approach to move hearts and minds while
demonstrating PayPal's unique role in the world.
The right person for this role will have a strong background in
developing branded content for big brands globally and has
demonstrated the power of connecting art and science within a
marketing organization. Additionally, you will have a unique
passion for problem solving and collaborating within a highly
matrixed organization.Job Description:Key Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the brand and content program for consumer
marketing, including the yearly content calendar and playbook to
execute across a defined set of cross functional marketing squads'
that execute across our geographies to acquire, onboard, and engage
- Develop breakthrough global marketing campaigns and activations
that capture consumer's attention and are at the center of flywheel
activations that improve brand metrics, deliver earned media, and
connect to performance marketing that is focused on acquisition and
increasing product usage.--
- Translates value prop into brand and product specific messaging
pillars supported by toolkits & playbooks.--
- Build out co-marketing platform narratives to support our
strategic verticals (Home Essentials, Fashion, Entertainment /
Gaming, Travel and Sports) and translate those narratives into
content led marketing that will reach and connect with consumers
through their passion points. Additionally, ensure that this
narrative can be commercially focused to bring together merchant
partners to drive business outcomes.
- Execute flawlessly by delivering global content & campaigns on
time, on budget and with creative excellence, managing multiple
external agencies and internal creative content teams to deliver
full funnel campaigns in multiple markets around the world.
- Lead the development of PayPal's owned social channels,
delivering strategies through creative that are culturally
impactful while supporting our product, partner and brand ambitions
while achieving increased engagement and effectiveness of these
- Develop and manage the execution of our content engine with
internal and external media teams at pace leveraging an agile
- Partner with our product, co-marketing, sponsorship &
performance teams to make sure our narrative is cohesive,
inspiring, and delivered consistently across every
- Partner with Analytics and Finance to ensure all campaigns are
accurately measured and deliver on the business goals, establishing
clear KPIs, an agile learning agenda and best practices.--
- Establishes creative review policy and ways of working in
partnership with our marketing operations team.
- A champion of the PayPal brand and community making sure that
our editorial agenda is protected and promoted.
- An expert in understanding what works for PayPal consumers and
its community, making sure that the content we develop has the
greatest impact and resonance.
- Analysis of cultural, community, media, and market trends to
inform strategic and creative development for content.
- Support approach for moderation working with our external
agencies and CS teams, reinforcing tonal guidelines, response
framework and measurement.
- Lead a team of 12+ marketers within brand, content, integrated
and partnership marketing capabilities. Requisite Experience:
- 15+ years of consumer advertising and marketing experience
leading branded content or integrated marketing teams of 10+ team
members, with at least 5+ years of global scope (working across NA
- Ability to establish a strategic vision and plans aligned to
brand and business objectives.
- Excellent writing skills, an eye for detail and a passion for
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in
priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic
- An understanding and passion for recognizing emerging trends,
creative excellence, and new technologies.
- Think and act with quantitative foundations that inform
marketing activity that leads to well defined marketing
- Accomplished and contemporary media planning and communication
expert - with proven track record executing in cross functional
- Experience and literacy in content analytics, proving the
impact of content across the business.
- Experience collaborating within dynamic and matrixed
- Experience with marketing partnerships and co-creating content
with merchant partners, understanding of the nature of
- Proven strategic experience designing and delivering impactful
- Experience people management - building, inspiring, and leading
- An experienced PayPal customer who understands the value it
plays in customers lives.
- Thrive in a self-starter, fast paced and changing
- Proven creative sense and highly influential.--
- Experience presenting to senior leadership and excellent
- Experience with crisis management and crisis response.
- Experience building great working models with creative, content
and media agencies/platforms.Top 5 skill sets that you ideally
- Consumer and merchant subject matter expertise
- Digital wallet and payments experience
- Growth Marketing skillset, mindset and approach to Consumer
Acquisition & Engagement
- Commercial acumen and accountability
- Leadership & management experience in a global matrix
organizationThe type of marketing leader that flourishes at PayPal
(behaviors, motivations, the how):
- Holistic marketer - who can operate across the funnel and link
strategies to commercial outcomes.
- Results Focus - is a business builder who ties all work back to
overall commercial impact.
- Strong Collaborator - who partners with stakeholders for
- Change Agent - we are rapidly evolving as a business and need
someone who can be at the helm to lead change.
- Thought Leader- uncovers consumer insights to create new
- Nurturer of Talent - to bring out the best in individuals and
- Deals with Ambiguity - to take the unknown into action.
- Challenges the Status Quo - and believes things can always be
- A believer in the "Greater Good"- one who always puts others'
needs above their own.---The type of person who will not be
successful (behaviors, motivations, the how):
- Command and Control Leadership Style - we want leaders who
elevate their people not control them.
- Needs to control all levers- we want our leaders to be able to
partner interpedently to deliver great work.
- Specialists in a discipline - People who have deep experience
in only one aspect of marketing discipline (e.g., has only ever
worked across lifecycle engagement marketing, or only ever worked
in brand marketing).
- Rigid "play it safe" planner - We want someone who can take a
test & learn approach to the portfolio with a constant learning
agenda and an innate propensity to take
risks.Subsidiary:PayPalTravel Percent:10Primary Location:New York,
New York, United States of AmericaAdditional Locations:San Jose
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for
how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One
Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical
standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to
treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and
respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and
find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial
empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines
financial freedom. PayPal provides equal employment opportunity
(EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin,
citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion,
creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with
regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to
submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology
or a disability, please contact us at
email@example.com . Posted 11 Days Ago Full
time R0063009 About Us At PayPal we are reimagining money,
democratizing financial services, and giving people more ways to
safely connect to their money and to each other. We are
purpose-driven and looking for people who want to join us at the
forefront of the digital payments revolution.-- Learn more about
privacy-related questions or data retention. Please note that this
site has updated features that can't run on older versions of
Internet Explorer. Please use IE11 or MS Edge for an optimal
Keywords: PayPal, Inc., San Jose , Head of Content for Consumer Marketing, Advertising , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!