Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all
about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global
brands-everything they need to design and deliver extraordinary
digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to
craft beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and
transform how companies interact with customers across every
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to
building extraordinary employee experiences where everyone is
respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new
ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the
next big idea could be yours.
As a key team member of the Risk Advisory & Assurance Services
("RAAS") team at Adobe, the Lead Auditor will plan, perform and
manage integrated audit engagements that address a mix of
operational, financial, compliance, third-party and technology
objectives. This position cultivates working relationships with
corporate office and international management in an audit and
consultative role for risk mitigation and internal controls
management. The position is based in San Jose, CA and will report
to the Director, Risk Advisory & Assurance Services.
The position requires deep knowledge and experience in financial
and/or operational auditing for key business processes (order to
cash, procure to pay, financial close, hire to pay, equity, etc.),
with the ability to construct well-targeted audit reports within
the context of business/industry operations/practices.
- Lead global audit engagements including all aspects of defining
audit objectives, planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Participate in risk assessment and planning meetings with
internal management and scope audit engagements, while taking input
from RAAS Senior Management.
- Develop and build the audit program applying a top down,
risk-based approach to assess strategic, operational, compliance
and financial risks for key business and finance processes; utilize
data analytics to aid in the planning and execution of the
- Evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls of key
processes, Adobe's international operations, general business
processes, external regulatory (e.g. FCPA, SOX, Anti-Trust) and
statutory requirements, and adherence to Corporate Policies and
- Oversee and execute audit tests competently; evaluate the
company's internal controls looking for both control gaps and
opportunities to gain process efficiencies; identify internal
control issues/exceptions and ensure they are well-defined, root
causes analyzed and discussed and agreed with management.
- Prepare reports/presentations and communicate review results to
management along with process improvement recommendations.
- Effect change by assisting business management to develop
appropriate action plans to address audit observations.
- Perform quarterly follow-up on outstanding management actions
from past projects and ensure corrective actions are implemented in
a timely manner.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of audit work, and
adherence to department and professional standards for audits;
document risk assessments, work papers, and audit findings in
accordance with work paper documentation standards; and demonstrate
proficient use of automated work papers and other
- Continuously seek opportunities for audit process
- Build a detailed and deep understanding of Adobe's core
business and financial processes. Keep current and increase
knowledge of company strategies, priorities, and business
- Build effective working relationships with various Finance,
Accounting & Operations groups (domestic and international);
provide consulting and advisory services which are consistent with
our role to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance,
risk and/or compliance functions.
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members by sharing
key insights and technical skills.
- This position requires the willingness and ability to travel
(domestic and international) approximately 10-15%.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or
- Professional certification such as CPA/CA, CIA, CISA or CFE is
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant audit experience in public
accounting and/or operational audits
- Experience in software industry is desirable with working
knowledge of software revenue recognition.
- Familiarity with fundamental IT concepts/ IT general controls
(logical and physical access, change control, application controls,
etc.) is desired.
- Familiarity with SAP or other ERP system a plus.
- Ability to cultivate and sustain strong business relationships
at Senior Manager/Director/ VP levels in the organization.
- Strong project management/organizational and planning skills;
ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize
tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills
with the ability to comfortably communicate to all levels of
management and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and
integrity in all interactions.
- Ability to take direction, learn quickly, work independently,
and maintain a level of professional skepticism.
- Demonstrate basic research capabilities with strong analytical
and creative problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and attention to accuracy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Visio) with a general understanding of data analysis
- Need to be a team-player with a self-motivated, dedicated, and
positive can-do attitude.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment
that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists.
You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to
helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where
ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you.
Discover what our employees are saying about their career
experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful
benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage
diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran
Keywords: Marketo, San Jose , Lead Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!