Company: PRIME ELECTRIC
Location: San Jose
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Recognized as one of the Best Workplaces on the west coast over the
last several years, this premier electrical contractor is searching
for the right candidate to join our team as a CAO to support the
firm's Northern California construction operations. Within PRIME's
operating structure, the CAO position is vital to our control
structure and requires a unique combination of both construction
finance expertise as well as construction job costing expertise.
The reason we list the title above as CFO/CAO is that usually
individuals that have a CFO background are good candidates for this
position. The differences in our CAO position from a classical CFO
role is the addition of extensive job cost elements to the role and
the elimination of some elements like tax responsibilities, annual
financial reports and year end audits and reviews, which are all
handled by others. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Meet with Group Executives and other regional leaders on a
weekly basis to review all project, accounting and group job cost
- Facilitate a monthly job cost projection process. Job cost
projections are the lifeblood of PRIME's control and monitoring
system and are utilized to facilitate the accuracy of a monthly WIP
- Manage open, closed and archiving of all projects.
- As it relates to Banking, Surety and Insurance policies and
practices, work in conjunction with other PRIME leadership to
manage, review and participate in the ongoing activities in these
- The CAO is responsible for managing the general ledger, closing
and reconciling accounting monthly and maintaining a monthly,
quarterly and annual accounting and job cost schedule.
- Daily leadership and direction of all job cost and accounting -
through Job Cost Director and Controller.
- Conscience of the organization. Raise and solve issues related
to problem projects.
- Perform, update, manage, improve upon and ensure timely
completion of all "accounting procedures." It is expected that
these procedures will be continuously evaluated and improved
- Regularly perform and participate in all accounting functions
to develop and understand the requirements of each and every
activity. Work with company leadership to understand and improve
procedural and protocol improvements to streamline and lower
- Oversee accounting staff (full and part time) to ensure
compliance with company policies. A dedicated accounting manager
(within your direct reports) is common in PRIME's larger
- Develop, maintain and distribute monthly financial reports
inclusive of balance sheet, income statement, cash flow management,
updated work in process (WIP) report, A/R and A/P reports.
- Generate timely and accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and
annual job cost performance reports on the PM Level, the Group
Level as well as the Regional Level. The firm has existing format
that it is currently working with.
- Communicate with leadership on a regular basis the financial
status and projected/anticipated short and long term cash flow
- Build collaborative working relationship between the head
office, satellite offices, and field personnel.
- Provide guidance, training and assistance to accounting and job
cost staff on a regular basis to ensure consistent and thorough
GAAP practices, procedures and policies.
- Review, critique and evaluate the company practices, procedures
and policies (as they relate to accounting and job cost activities)
with leadership on a regular basis. It is common for the CAO to be
present at all monthly and quarterly review meetings.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Windows, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Minimum 10 years work experience in construction accounting and
job cost, operating as a CFO or Controller.
- BA/BS/MS Degree in Accounting or related field; CPA/MBA
- At least 10 years work experience monitoring and utilizing
construction and accounting/job cost software. Specific experience
in the development and utilization of "custom reports" is an
- Lead, coach, and motivate project team members on a proactive
- Knowledge of and experience with integrated job cost systems to
budget, evaluate reports and project final costing.
- Knowledge of indirect cost centers such as equipment costs,
warehouse costs and understanding the allocation process to direct
- Prime Executives all exhibit a "Do whatever it takes mentality"
for all aspects of the business. Candidates should expect this
- Demonstrated leadership managing people.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from executive leadership and
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work environment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS **Competitive compensation and benefit
package** *Prime Electric does not engage with or utilize
recruiting or placement agencies for any recruiting or hiring
needs. Prime hiring managers are not authorized to review or accept
resume referrals from any agencies. This employer is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal,
state, or local laws.
Keywords: PRIME ELECTRIC, San Jose , CAO, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!