America's Travel Service Manager
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 25, 2022
What You'll Do
Travel services provide optimized, elite travel solutions value
through standard purchasing tools, methods and terms aligned to
Cisco's Procurement Policies while optimizing spend, cultivating
strategic supplier relationships to drive performance, and
digitally tightening compliance and controls through data and
insights to mitigate risks.
Travel services consist of six sub-commodities: airlines, corporate
cards, travel technology, ground transport, hotels, and travel
In this role, you will be required to have a solid understanding of
procurement operations and business challenges, and the ability to
translate them into solutions.
Regional Relationship Management
- Responsible for establishing and managing relationships with
regional and global stakeholders and business functions to identify
business requirements including legal, tax, finance, HR, etc.
- Responsible for relationship with Corporate Aircraft Program
suppliers which includes working closely with our CEO and Office of
- Partner with SAP Concur COE (Scrum Teams), Business
Architecture and Country Enablement to translate business
requirements into functional system design documentation.
- Responsible for relationship with Card Payment provider in the
region reducing delinquencies, increasing adoption and improving
- Track and analyse business function feedback to build new
business requirements (e.g. surveys results, case management C-SAT,
reported escalations or process exceptions).
- Partner with Change Management to update documentation based on
business functions/end-user feedback.
- Identify end users/business profiles for targeted training and
testing in the region.
- Collaborate across regions and services to keep alignment and
Regional Service Governance
You will be responsible for managing the processes as part of the
service in the region. You will also be responsible for regular
reporting as part of Regional Travel Operational Service Review of
the critical metrics which includes:
- Current volume drives forecasted volume drivers (new release
impact forecast), volume drive risk and concerns.
- Regional quality of service which includes case metrics and
plans improvement quality metrics, if applicable.
- Productivity metrics including process cycle times, time to
value, and capacity utilization.
- Customer Experience reported from case management scoring and
- All the metrics should be reported with category and business
function's view with an actionable plan to align with global
targets and benchmarks.
You will be responsible for leading the resources who support
travel and payment solution processes in the region including:
- Current staffing model and future staffing model to align with
- Govern physical & IT security with vendor providing service
(access validation, assets, application data access).
- Assessment of training progress and quality scores for new
Responsible for validation of travel & payment process and controls
accuracy in the region including:
- Quality assessment of controls and processes (internal
- Processes specific to the regional requirements created and
kept up to date.
- Responsible for driving incremental process improvement to
bring efficiency gains and reduce costs; all processes improvement
should be planned and documented including benefit/value.
- Implementation of new controls defined in partnership with Risk
and Compliance COE.
Regional Operational Readiness
Responsible for preparing the regions for new Travel and Expense
system releases, process changes and new controls including:
- Capability assessment impact and benefit to the region and
- Identification of stabilization risks and mitigation
- Future staffing model including skills assessment and training
- Involvement in testing for documented business requirements and
co-ordination with end users/business functions and
- Documenting all changes in updated process maps and desktop
procedures including audit procedures.
Additional responsibilities and duties:
- Reprioritize work with limited direction and complete
additional projects/tasks as assigned
- Benchmark processes and provide recommendations for
improvements and standardization
Who You'll Work With
You will work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders and
multi-functional teams (e.g. finance, invoicing, tax, risk, and
compliance, category and supplier management) to execute Travel
Services strategy in the regions, standardize and improve the
service, and mitigate risk for Cisco.
You will work closely with the Global Travel Service Owner
supporting strategic oversight including craft, recommend,
implement, administer, update and carry out policies and
Your role will require you to partner closely with Global
Procurement Category and Supplier managers on negotiations and
contracts. Solid understanding of sourcing Air, Hotel and TMC
including RFP, bidding process, contract pricing, and renewals.
Who You Are
You've got experience in leading domestic and international travel,
SAP Concur T&E products, payments and expense programs,
meetings management and relocations in the travel space in order to
effectively implement, direct and lead spend across the company.
You will direct operations, processes and implementation of Travel
and all related services in the US, Canada and LATAM. You will
indirectly lead a team of travel professionals from our vendor
- Bachelor's Degree at a minimum
- Strong knowledge of end to end Global Travel management
- Solid understanding of Travel and Expense KPI's
- Ability to work with an Agile mindset
- Travel or Meetings and Events industry qualification is desired
(e.g. CIPS, GLP, CCTE, CMP)
- Consistent record of success as a Travel/Meetings & Events
- European / Global experience considered a big plus
- 7+ years of expertise in the travel industry, with demonstrated
ability and technical expertise in all travel-related
- Knowledge of international travel regulations, process,
systems, customs and currencies
- Knowledge of SAP Concur T&E reporting and processing
- Working knowledge of MS Office and TMC/GDS/OBT solutions
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and negotiation
- Presentation skills - Ability to craft and handle documents as
well as present to leadership at all levels
- An analytical mind with strong business insight
- Customer-focused approach
- Ability to run P+L and track record leading global programs
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents
to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their
digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!)
and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a
security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning
company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts,
predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do -
you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we
give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back
is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps,
and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of
thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink.
Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners
is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread
of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the
pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related
travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting
third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and
Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law,
and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required.
The company will consider legally required
accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons
as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with
applicable law. Additional information will be provided to
candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the
offer time based on region.
Keywords: Cisco, San Jose , America's Travel Service Manager, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!