ASB Bookkeeper at Del Mar High School
Company: Campbell Union High School District
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Calendar and Compensation
* CSEA Range 5.2, 8 step salary schedule ($37,024.56 - $52,079.54
* 8 hours per day, 217 day work calendar, 11 months
* $100.00 monthly bilingual Spanish stipend available for
individuals who pass a test of Spanish fluency
* Generous health benefit plan options, including several that
require no employee contribution for full family coverage
Under supervision of the site Principal or designee: maintains ASB
student body financial records; sells items, collects monies and
accounts for students and District monies; makes bank deposits;
performs difficult and responsible clerical work; and performs
related work as required.
Example of Duties
* Maintains financial records and transacts business for campus
student organizations, the athletic
program, publication and sale of the school yearbook and activities
such as senior cards, announcements, caps and gowns, and student
* Receives, verifies, records and maintains deposits of ASB monies
and co-curricular donations to the appropriate accounts; issues
checks in payment of obligations of the student body and maintains
* Prepares and processes ASB related purchase orders, assures
appropriate authorization and compliance with established
* Prepares monthly statements of student body account income,
expenditures, and balances, and special statistical reports
including trial balances, balance sheets, and statements of income
and expenses. Researches and prepares special reports as requested;
analyzes financial data and makes appropriate recommendations.
Provides a copy to be approved by both the school site and
* Maintains detailed analysis of all accounts by making sure that
accounts are not in the red and fixing any problems that may arise;
to include comparing club fiscal requests to their approved
* Clears student fines.
* Organizes, prepares and maintains procedures for transactions and
record keeping for activities such as
paid admissions events, sales of publication subscriptions, student
body cards, and student organization
* Inputs data from source documents, uses various software packages
such as Excel, QuickBooks, ASB
Works or other financial software.
* Provides training for club advisors, coaches, and student workers
regarding budgeting procedures, maintaining financial records,
using the current ASB and accounting software and technical
assistance to the staff that are preparing budgets.
* Issue checks as authorized by the ASB in a timely manner follow
up on NSF checks in a timely manner.
* Participates in year-end closing procedures for assigned
* Assists external auditors as required in reviewing the District's
financial records, reports, and transactions.
* Reconciles bank statements with all accounting software and
balances cash drawers; deposits funds into appropriate accounts and
transfers savings funds into higher yield certificates based on
established liquidity requirements.
* Follows up on all returned checks in a timely manner.
* Operates various office machines; composes and types letters and
* Checks accuracy of deposit slips and makes bank deposits.
* Assists with inventory of student related purchases.
* Collects and reviews with Activities Directors all submitted
activity site budgets.
* Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by
Who we are
Campbell Union High School District, located in the heart of the
Silicon Valley, is a small, close knit district committed to
ensuring every student is ready for the future. We strive to be
data-informed and focused on results, while promoting humanity,
kindness, and personal responsibility. We are proud to provide a
supportive environment of collaboration among our staff.
We know that high quality teachers, administrators and staff are
key to our students' success and are working to retain and recruit
passionate and effective talent.
* Methods and practices of financial recordkeeping, including
* Complex financial software, ASB accounting software and
* Modern office equipment and procedures.
* Associated student body accounting policies and procedures.
* Ticket sales and cash collection techniques.
* Perform financial recordkeeping and bookkeeping work.
* Use and understand complex financial software.
* Operate a computer, calculating machine and other standard office
* Perform arithmetic calculations with accuracy.
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with those
contacted in the course of work.
* Maintain work pace appropriate to given workload.
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma and/or equivalent.
* Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or a related field
* At least 3 years' experience preferred in performing financial or
statistical recordkeeping requiring the maintenance of difficult
records and the composition of reports.
* Experience working in a school setting preferred.
* Valid CA driver's license required.
Physical Demands in the Work Environment
The physical characteristics described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to:
* Lift, carry, push or pull items with a strength factor of up to
* Hear and speak in audible tones to exchange information in person
or on the telephone.
* Have mobility sufficient to move about, stand, and/or sit for
extended periods, and access all locations in the work
* Have flexibility and strength to reach with hands and arms, reach
above shoulder level as necessary, and be able to bend, kneel,
stoop, and reach to retrieve and file records.
* Have manual dexterity to appropriately control and manipulate
objects, materials, and equipment used on the job, including
telephone and computer.
* Ability to drive to all district facilities, including the
district office on a rotating basis throughout the school year. and
necessary meetings and conferences.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions in the work
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by the employee within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and, qualifications required for this
It is the policy of Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD) to
provide equal opportunity for all individuals in education and
employment. District programs and activities shall be free from
discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on
actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color,
ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group
identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical
or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other
characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal Code
422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a
person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived
characteristics (Board Policy 5145.3 and 4030 through 4032).
*Board Approved 5/7/15*
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $40,085.77 - $56,388.06 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid training
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* San Jose, CA 95128: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Campbell Union High School District, San Jose , ASB Bookkeeper at Del Mar High School, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!