Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 24, 2022
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the
right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to
democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless
of background or economic standing, has access to affordable,
convenient, and secure products and services to take control of
their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is seeking to hire an experienced paralegal to support
PayPal's corporate legal team. This role can be based anywhere in
the US, and will initially report to the Vice President, Corporate
Legal & Secretary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support public company securities and corporate governance
matters, including the following:
- preparation of PayPal Holdings' SEC filings, including 10-Ks,
10-Qs, 8-Ks, and annual proxy statement;
- planning and logistics for annual stockholders' meeting;
- preparation and distribution of materials for public company
Board of Directors and Committee meetings via board portal
(Boardvantage) and maintenance of portal;
- preparation and distribution of directors' and officers'
- maintenance of corporate governance policies, records and
- Assist in responding to requests for corporate
governance-related information and documents from the company's
internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other
- Support day-to-day management of general corporate governance
matters for domestic and international subsidiaries, including the
- managing corporate entity database, and maintaining records and
entity organizational charts;
- complying with applicable corporate governance requirements,
including annual reports;
- preparing filings, resolutions, powers of attorney, and other
required documentation; and
- formations, reorganizations, and dissolutions of subsidiaries,
as well as other corporate transactions.
- Work with in-house and outside counsel as well as internal
stakeholders to ensure that templates are in compliance with legal
requirements and best practices.
- Work closely with a variety of key stakeholders, including
in-house attorneys, outside counsel, Treasury, Tax, Accounting,
Investor Relations, Risk and Compliance, Communications, HR, Legal
Operations and business functions.
- Recommend and implement new processes and procedures to
increase group efficiency and organization.
- Assist with general corporate matters and special projects.
- Bachelors' degree or paralegal certificate (ABA approved) is
- 7+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience, including
law firm and in-house public company experience supporting
securities and corporate governance matters.
- Highly proficient with board portals (e.g., Boardvantage) and
subsidiary management databases (e.g., Diligent Entities).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Qualified (or able to become qualified) as a notary
- Strong attention to detail and well-organized, with the ability
to operate independently in a fast-paced work environment and
manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications
- A high level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal
agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and
- Excellent project management skills, well organized, with the
ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage
numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Team oriented and able to work collaboratively and effectively
with business clients and other legal department members.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity, sound judgment and high
tolerance for ambiguity.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours when
necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion.
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive
global economy. And we can't do this without our most important
asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every
stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental
health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care
for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment,
employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To
learn more about our benefits please visit
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment
revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make
financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and
secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million
consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive
in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at email@example.com .
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we
have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements,
based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include
a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role
requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable
accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that
prevents them from being vaccinated.
Keywords: PayPal, San Jose , Paralegal 4, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!