Division Controller (Pharma/Commercial) - Remote (Southeast Preferred) /Top $$
Company: Frankel Staffing Partners
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Our client, an NC-based pharmaceutical company with growing a
commercial portfolio, is actively recruiting for a skilled,
knowledgeable and savvy candidate to lead financial and accounting
responsibilities for all commercial products.
This is an important role for the company and compensation will
generous. If you or someone you know would be interested in this
role, we would be eager to connect with you.
Key Things to Note:
- This is an immediate need and client is open to both contract
and direct hire candidates.
- This Controller will be responsible for all accounting and
financial reporting for its commercial division. Experience in a
commercial pharmaceutical company, including a deep understanding
of Gross-to-Net Revenue calculations, will be critical.
- This Controller will supervise two staff members. We seek a
committed developer of people.
- This company engages third parties for production and supply
chain, market access, discounts and rebates processing, etc. This
Controller will regularly interact with those groups to ensure
proper handling of cash, revenues, chargebacks, inventory levels,
etc. Excellent relationship-building skills will be important.
- Company has operations in Research Triangle Park, NC as well as
Charleston, SC. Role can be on-site or remote, presuming regular
visits to the company offices. Southeast candidates preferred.
- Lead and supervise the commercial business's monthly general
ledger accounting and financial reporting process and
- Oversee the monthly close process including review/preparation
of account reconciliations and review/preparation of financial
- Review and/or preparation of Gross-to-Net accounting matters
related to the commercial pharmaceutical product portfolio.
- Responsible for the commercial business's internal control over
financial reporting processes, including execution, documentation,
and process improvements, as needed.
- Assist in researching technical accounting matters and
generating "white papers" in coordination with members of the
finance and accounting group.
- Assist in the SEC reporting process for the consolidated parent
entity, including the assistance in preparation and/or review of
- Drive commercial business unit accounting process improvements,
including system enhancements and integration with AR, purchasing,
payroll, inventory, and manufacturing.
- Oversee the commercial business procurement process, including
review/approval of purchase requisitions, invoicing, and vendor
- Prepare management reports and participate in presenting
results to senior management.
- Keep abreast of changes and activities in the company and
industry to ensure that their effects are properly reflected in SEC
filings and other deliverables.
Targeted candidate will be a CPA with 6+ years of Accounting and
Finance experience, including 3+ years in commercial pharmaceutical
operations. Big 4/Large public accounting experience a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Deep understanding of Gross-to-Net calculations within
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting and inventory valuations
- Developmental supervisory style
- Strong analytical skills including complex modeling
- Advanced Excel. MS Dynamics Great Plains, Paramount Workplace,
and Workiva WDesk software platforms all preferred
- Record of impact and longevity with previous employers
Finally, we seek a go-getter who will work well in this dynamic,
entrepreneurial and growing setting; a hands-on, get-things-done
candidate who understands the emerging business culture and can
have immediate and substantial impact.Please forward resume for
Keywords: Frankel Staffing Partners, San Jose , Division Controller (Pharma/Commercial) - Remote (Southeast Preferred) /Top $$, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!