Accounting Manager OEM
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the smooth and
efficient processing of accounting related information and is
familiar with standard operating procedures related to Human
Resources and Loss Prevention as well as house rules according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards. Management-level associates are
expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to
complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime
does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- Associate's degree and at least 3 years of related experience;
or a Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of related experience;
or at least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems show the
ability to manipulate and troubleshoot spreadsheets type memos and
reports and handle basic PC problems.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly. Must be
able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action
quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include compliance with the Aimbridge Hospitality dress code
and wearing name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Approaches all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly and courteous and service oriented
- Maintains a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Complies at all times with the Aimbridge Hospitality standards
and regulations to encourage safe and efficiently hotel
- Be familiar with the organization of Aimbridge Hospitality
Hotels and know the function of each department.
- Oversees the duties of General Cashier with responsibility for
the daily reconciliation of Rooms Food Beverage and House deposits
- Oversees and maintains the over/short log.
- Maintains controls for all cashier banks in the hotel.
- Posts all city ledger payments daily according to the Daily
Mail Cash Receipts (DMCR).
- Prepares all bank deposits -------due backs' and bank change
orders according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintains responsibility for the billing of accounts receivable
- Responsible for Hotel Credit Policy and detailed knowledge of
- Maintains card file trace system for AR collection call process
- Conducts credit meetings twice monthly with General
- Maintains a record of approved direct billing
- Processes returned checks and credit card chargebacks according
to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Performs the Accounts Receivable Balancing function at least
once each month.
- Maintains the Special Operating Account and the Petty Cash Fund
according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Voucher A&G and PT & EB invoices utilizing the Purchase
Order and Checkbook Accounting procedures according to Aimbridge
- Ensures that all hotel invoices are submitted to Corporate
Accounts Payable weekly.
- Performs the income audit on a daily basis using the income
audit checklist to maintain and ensure the accuracy of the
- Reconciles credit cards daily.
- Prepares and submits the Corporate Flash Report on the dates
specified in the monthly CENTRAL ACCOUNTING calendar.
- Completes monthly checklist and sends in month-end package
according to CENTRAL ACCOUNTING calendar.
- Monitors Guest Services and Night Audit agents' work for proper
- Oversees the training of all Night Auditors in regards to their
accounting related responsibilities.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and is prepared for
- Ensures all new hire paperwork and any employee changes are
processed on PAF'S and submitted in to Payroll on a timely
- Produces weekly productivity every Tuesday as
- Computes worked hours for payroll compilation.
- Ensures associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful
and courteous to all guests all other employees and
- Property applies state and local laws affecting payroll wage &
hour taxes etc.
- Records requests for employee benefits and monitors use (i.e.
vacation time employee benefit room nights sick time etc.)
- Maintains a professional working relationship and promotes open
lines of communication with managers employees and other
- Familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality's SOPs in Accounting
Human Resources and Loss Prevention and house rules including
appropriate hospitality terminology; encourages awareness among
other hotel managers.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and provides training on a
rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Participates in required MOD coverage as scheduled
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information as
- Maintains and operates hotel systems according to Aimbridge
- Performs any other duties as requested by the General
Our hotel is walking distance from the train station and around the
corner from major thoroughfares. Business travelers are minutes
from companies and convention centers while families are just miles
from shopping on Santana Row or campus tours of Stanford.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, San Jose , Accounting Manager OEM, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!