REMOTE Senior Financial Analyst
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Our client in Edgewood, MD seeks a motivated, detail-oriented
Senior Financial Analyst.Duties & ResponsibilitiesForecasting and
ReportingTo provide ongoing analytical financial support to the
Program Manager to facilitate the preparation of financials, to
support detailed program reviews and identify key areas of risk
and/or opportunity. In addition, to ensure the program financials
are appropriately accounted for. This will involve:
- Attending program kickoff meeting, setting up program in SAP
and generating WBS structure
- Create project cost accumulation methods in accordance with the
contract based on an understanding of the implications of the
contract and program. Understanding direct and indirect rate
application for multiple contract types (FFP, FPI, CPFF, CPIF and
T&M) and providing guidance to the programs team regarding
- Reviewing all cost elements charged to assigned programs to
gain comfort that the amounts are reasonable and accurate.
Analyzing cost and rate application and ensure that projects are
being accounted for properly.
- To compare program actual costs to bid / budget costs
highlighting variances and propose suggestions for recovery where
- Working with Make-To-Order (MTO) and Make-To-Stock (MTS)
programs and understanding the accounting treatments within the SAP
- To work with assigned Program Managers to document contract
performance to date, monthly ETC and EAC projections and providing
forecast inputs of revenue and gross margin per project.
- Preparing invoices in accordance with government contracts and
- To monitor cumulative billings against contract value and
highlight programs that are approaching contract ceilings.
- Presenting financial results in the monthly program management
reviews.Bids and Proposals
- Supporting the bid and proposal process for both government and
commercial proposals by reviewing the solicitation and determining
the financial structure of the bid and raising any financial risks
that may be present.
- Inputting raw cost data and applying burdens to calculate
prices that will be supplied to the government in response to
- Managing and verifying accuracy of the financial data in
proposals, completing ah-hoc scenarios.
- Presenting financial data during Gate review meetings.
- Populating cost volumes and customer submission files.General
- Assist the Program Finance Manager with preparing and reviewing
deliverables, training new hires and establishing best
- Must comply with all applicable U.S. export and security
- Other duties may be assigned.Computer Skills:
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP systems required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Power
Point, and Excel).
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Excel (including
advanced formulas and functions).Other:
- Ability to multitask and accustomed to meeting deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results Oriented and organized
- Analytical and self-motivated
- High level of focus and attention to detail Education/Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 8+ Years of finance or related corporate experience in a
- MBA preferred
- Previous SAP experience an asset
- Process improvement experience strongly preferred
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience a plus
- PMP preferred
Keywords: Ledgent, San Jose , REMOTE Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!