Business Development Executive
Company: Grant Thornton LLP (US)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Business development executives (BDEs) sell Grant Thornton tax,
audit and advisory services to client and prospects in our target
markets. This includes both privately and publicly owned companies
ranging in size from approximately $200M to $10B in annual
revenues. The primary buyers are C-Suite finance, accounting risk
and tax executives, as well as board audit committee members and
As a relationship-oriented sales executive, this position is
responsible for opening new doors and generating new business
opportunities for Grant Thornton across all industries and all
service lines within a specific geographic market. Key success
criteria are pipeline, sales and revenue as well as the ability to
collaborative effectively with a wide range of external and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify and pursue new sales opportunities at
prospects and select existing client accounts.
- Build effective and collaborative relationships with the key
decision-makers within the prospect organizations. Leverage
existing C -Suite and Board relationships.
- Identify winning strategies by understanding the client's
needs, challenging the status quo and creating opportunities for
Grant Thornton to partner. Develop account plans to broaden client
relationships and services.
- Participate in sales presentations of Grant Thornton services
and conduct face-to-face or virtual meetings with prospects.
- Work directly with Partners, Principals and Managing Directors,
manage the pursuit process and act as a key advisor to the pursuit
team throughout the sales process.
- Participate in trade organizations and informal networks to
develop, build and sustain a robust set of professional
- In partnership with marketing, execute events and other
outreach campaigns in order to identify and engage targets, and
build the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace.
- Work with functional, industry, and geographic service line
leaders to maximize cross-selling opportunities.
- Negotiate and participate in pricing strategy to make Grant
- Regularly (daily) and consistently use CRM system to ensure
that data reporting, customer information and sales
activity/pipeline are up to date.
- A track record of success building new relationships and
closing sales with C-suite buyers. It is ideal if this sales
experience is in professional services. A minimum of five years of
experience selling at the C-Suite level is required.
- An ability to access a broad network of C-suite buyers.
- Prior exposure to the field of finance and accounting, as most
Grant Thornton services are in this area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree/MBA is a plus.
Keywords: Grant Thornton LLP (US), San Jose , Business Development Executive, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!