Business Tax & Accounting Manager
Company: Wheeler Accountants LLP
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Business Tax & Accounting Manager will be a professional
with strong accounting skills to be responsible for a variety of
our clients financial functions including the hands on day to day
accounting operations (G/L and A/P), accounting research, and
process improvements. The Accounting Manager is expected to
function at a high level of expertise and competency and use sound
judgment while managing the client accounting services staff
accountants and producing consistent results. Problem solving and
initiative, with a strong desire to analyze, investigate, and
resolve are essential elements for success in this position.
- .Accounting and bookkeeping preparation of client data
including bank reconciliations,
- Payroll journal entries, work in progress and other month end
- Prepare trial balances in preparation of income tax
- Prepare payroll taxes, sales tax, 1099's, and manage property
tax returns and client audits.
- Prepare depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Business consulting including QuickBooks upgrades, data imports
into QuickBooks and analyze/design spreadsheets as needed for
- Ownership of our clients accounting needs
- Review preparation of monthly journal entries and supporting
schedules/reconciliations including areas such as accruals and A/P,
payroll, bank, pre-paid, fixed assets, income tax and credit
- Accounting research.
- Perform general ledger reconciliations
- Perform journal entries and adjustments
- Oversee the clients A/R and A/P process
- Perform/review fixed assets and depreciation schedules
- Manage and develop client accounting staff accountants
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Ten plus years public accounting/ industry experience working
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA License or EA preferred but not required
- Strong ability to meet and exceed deadlines
- Manage multiple items at once and meet and exceed
- Experience with multiple accounting systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Part-time or Full-time
- Watsonville or San Jose
- Solid attention to detail with excellent communication and
- Able to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities while
resolving problems quickly.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.
Wheeler Accountants, LLP is a full-service accounting firm
providing tax, accounting, audit, and business advisory services.
We are a top-rated firm located in San Jose and Watsonville,
California. We are as committed to our staff as we our clients. We
take culture seriously - recognized by Accounting Today as one of
the Best CPA Firm to Work For several years. We offer a
comprehensive benefits package, including option to work "Hybrid
Remote" or "Remote", because we understand our professionals can
manage work best when given the freedom to balance and enjoy life
outside the office.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Wheeler Accountants LLP, San Jose , Business Tax & Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!