Financial Planning & Analyst
Company: Century Group
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 15, 2022
An amazing non-profit in the South Bay area is looking for a
stellar Controller to join their team! This organization serves and
advocates for individuals and families in need, especially those
living in poverty. Rooted in gospel values, we work to create a
more just and compassionate community in which people of all
cultures and beliefs can participate.
- Creates and leads monthly financial analysis and presentations,
including explanation of variances and key issues driving
- Create reporting tools in Adaptive planning module and develop
financial models to aid with various decision-making
- Manage special financial projects
- Implement complex and varied revenue and expense accounting
- Compile and/or review the information required by OMB circular
A-133 & A-110, and other reports used for the schedule of
expenditures of federal awards.
- Provide guidance to program managers and other staff concerning
the appropriate reporting of program revenues and expenses,
including conformance with Circular A-122, and other areas as
- Provide training and education to Directors and Managers on
budget issues and budget building using the Adaptive budget
- Respond to inquiries from the CAO/CFO, Controller and Program
Directors & Managers regarding financial and budgetary information
and special reporting request.
- Ability to manage complex financial analysis function in a
large nonprofit organization.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into
- Knowledge and experience in implementing systems, ongoing
maintenance and upgrades.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, working
with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in environment that promotes
compassion, service and social justice.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, presentation skills and
- Knowledge of non-profit industry accounting desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or related field and
a minimum of 10 years of financial management and planning
experience; with budget management and financial reporting
activities in a non-profit organization.
- Working knowledge of government contract accounting (State,
County, City Contracts)
- Thorough understanding GAAP, CAS and FASB.
- Advance level skills in Excel, Adaptive Budgeting and Planning,
MIP, Power Point, and other data analytics tools.REF# 39715
Keywords: Century Group, San Jose , Financial Planning & Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!