Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Hewlett Packard Pathfinder is the venture capital arm of Hewlett
Packard Enterprise. We are a small, agile, Bay Area-based team
focused on identifying and investing in category-leading technology
startups. Our mission of engaging with innovators and investors
across the startup ecosystem enables us to provide advanced
strategic insights to HPE, make key investments on behalf of HPE,
and nurture solutions relevant to HPE's customers.
Areas of recent investment interest span the enterprise stack and
include (but are not limited to): software, hardware,
infrastructure, DevOps, cloud, edge, data, AI/ML, storage, compute,
quantum, silicon, and cybersecurity.
We're seeking an Investment Analyst to help us evaluate investment
opportunities, investigate areas of potential investment interest,
develop or maintain strategic points of view critical to the firm's
investment theses, and support our internal investment operations.
As a key member of our team, the Investment Analyst will report to
the Managing Director and will be a full member of the Pathfinder
Depending on familiarity and experience, the Investment Analyst can
look forward to working alongside Pathfinder's Principals and MD
through each stage of the investment process, including:
brainstorming new investment theses, identifying new opportunities,
joining initial meetings with entrepreneurs, conducting thorough
due diligence evaluations, and crafting our formal investment
In addition to the above, the Investment Analyst will also have an
opportunity to engage with Hewlett Packard Enterprise's executive
leaders, help inform high-level strategic decisions, and assist
with some of our internal operations such as fund management and
This is a full-time role based out of our San Jose/ Santa Clara
- Work with Principals, MD and assist with all stages of the
- Support investment activities with primary and secondary
research (e.g. theme development, market sizing, competitive
landscapes, point of view synthesis).
- Create and analyze financial models for specific investment
opportunities under active consideration.
- Develop and present materials that translate complicated
analyses into concise and clear narratives that support an opinion
or point of view.
- Gather and distill market data on new trends, behaviors, and
developments within the venture capital industry.
- Own important internal fund management processes (e.g. curating
investment pipelines, working with non-investment staff to report
on portfolio performance).
Highly qualified candidates will have many of the following
- A bachelor's degree from a top-tier academic institution
complemented by a background in science, technology, engineering,
math, finance, economics, or other analytical fields.
- 2-3 years of work experience in investment banking, consulting,
private equity/venture capital, corporate development, or a
- A desire and drive to learn about the venture capital industry,
tech startups, and entrepreneurship.
- A strong intellectual curiosity and passion for tech investing,
especially in sectors of interest to the firm.
- Well developed interpersonal, social, and relationship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort presenting to internal and external audiences,
especially ones containing multiple levels of seniority.
- Ability to evaluate, filter, organize, and summarize
- Impressive analytical abilities and modeling skills.
- An intimate familiarity with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast paced
environment while simultaneously handling multiple projects
involving a variety of different teams and functional groups.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of
arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Keywords: Hewlett Packard Enterprise, San Jose , Investment Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!