Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Senior Accountantjob details:
- location:San Jose, CA
- salary:$85,000 - $90,000 per year
- date posted:Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- experience:4 Years
- job type:Permanent
- industry:Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- questions:408-573-1111.job descriptionSenior Accountantjob
summary:Global technology company is looking to hire a Senior
Accountant to join their team. This role would report directly to
the Senior Accounting Manager and manage 1 payroll staff. They will
be responsible for the managing the general ledger for the North
America and Western Europe entities. They will also oversee the
work of the payroll accountant and lead various payroll
projects.Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years in related
experience, Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance, have a strong
knowledge in U.S. GAAP and internal controls. Experience with ADP
Workforce Now is required. To be considered for this role, please
apply directly to posting.location: San Jose, Californiajob type:
Permanentsalary: $85,000 - 90,000 per yearwork hours: 9 to
5education: Bachelor's degreeexperience: 4
- Responsible for the monthly and yearly North America and
Western Europe accounting close process.
- Review monthly journal entries and supporting schedules booked
by accountants, including accruals, prepaid, fixed assets and
- Manage payroll staff, including setting of priorities,
delegation of tasks and review of work product to ensure accuracy
and timeliness in payroll processing.
- Preparation of North America, Canada, and Western Europe
account reconciliations between the general ledger and bank
accounts and investigating any unresolved discrepancies.
- Review payrolls of GlobalLogic Inc and its subsidiaries in
North America, Canada, and Western Europe.
- Coordinate with payroll service provider and regulatory
agencies to maintain federal, state, and local taxing authority
- Responsible for taking the lead role in the execution, research
and review of payroll special projects such as creation and/or
streamlining of new department processes and procedures,
implementation of new ADP upgrades or best practices recommended by
ADP, or projects required by management. Prepare, develop, and
update procedures to ensure that the department is in compliance
with internal control requirements.
- Lead payroll accountant in continuous payroll and 401(k)
process improvement programs to streamline, document and automate
processes and enhance internal controls.
- Responsible for 401(k) audits, NDT testing, annual 401 (k)
employer match true up and other required payroll
- Maps payroll journal entries from payroll into accounting
system. Researches payroll journal entry exceptions and provides
backup and solution.
- Reviewing, approving and ensuring appropriate general ledger
coding of all payroll, benefit and related invoices.
- Act as a liaison between ERP and HR to resolve any internal
- Accounts payable invoice validation and payments review.
- Annual support for independent financial statement audit.
- Other Finance projects and ad-hoc reporting as
needed.qualifications:EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of accounting experience.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and internal
- Experience with integrated ERP and financial reporting systems
(Oracle R12 utilized).
- ADP Workforce Now Experience is required.
- Experience with payroll processing (ADP) for North America and
- CPA license a plus.OTHER SKILLS//ABILITIES
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups.
- Functional knowledge of additional Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of multi-state rules and regulations (especially
California) is a plus.
- Solid attention to detail with excellent communication
- Desire to work across departments to improve processes and
- Able to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities while
resolving problems quickly to meet deadlines
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.
- Interest in mentoring other accounting staffskills: Oracle
Financials, ADPEqual Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion,
Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age,
Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any
other legally protected group status.Qualified applicants in San
Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment
in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.We will
consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those
with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Keywords: Randstad, San Jose , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!